Who Are We
The Future starts now
Founded in 2022
We believe that by working together, we can create a better future for all Africans. TICON Africa and is committed to building a strong, vibrant community of ICT professionals who are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives.
What we Believe
“Culture plays a pivotal role, in influencing people's mind-sets and their readiness to embrace digital transformations. Shifting one's mindset is essential; it requires the ability to both learn and unlearn continuously.”
Chief Information Officer, Stanbic Bank, Uganda.
Meet Our Partners
Visit our Partners page to learn more about our partners and their contribution to the world of ICT professionals in Africa.
Words from the Ticon Africa President
TICON Africa is a continental nonprofit organization, which aims to add value to African ICT professional associations through five primary initiatives:
- Research and development on the African continent’s ICT needs
- Publications of ICT-related activities in various countries for knowledge sharing of best practices
- Education to build the capacity of ICT professionals in various countries through professional qualifications
- Networking events such as annual conferences that bring ICT professionals from different African countries together and share knowledge
- Revenue mobilization to build the capacity of ICT professionals
We add value to our member associations by helping them develop standards for African ICT professionals and make ICT a worthy career choice to propel the socio-economic development of the continent.
We are poised to connect with all active ICT professional associations in Africa to build a vibrant confederation that will ensure the standardization of professional qualifications, research, publications, events, and regulation reforms. Furthermore, we assist countries without ICT professional associations to establish their own.